Monday, March 16, 2009

money matters

Hello hello... I promised to let you know about the uses for my surplus support money, so here they are:

-was planning on buying some soccer cleats for Alin (15-yr-old in apt. 7) bc he's pretty awesome but just had Keds to play in, but someone else bought him 2 pairs before I got a chance to. Oh well, at least he got the shoes :)

-my health insurance, so my parent's don't have to pay it :D

-internet at my apt, so i don't have to keep "borrowing" from a neighbor & hopefully will have a more stable connection. they also have to buy internet for a whole year at a time, so we'll be allowing future interns better access as well.

-we're hopefully going to try to put together some sort of swimming competition in conjunction with the school where the girls from Chitila are taking lessons, or at least donate some money to that swim club so that they'll be more likely to keep helping us out w/ orphans in the future

-changing my flight home from mid-April to April 26, to make up for the 2 weeks I'm taking off to go to Italy & Spain with Ross :D (I leave a week from tomorrow, & hopefully he does too!!) :D :D :D

-possibly shipping a box of stuff home since I've acquired some more stuff while I was here & don't think it will all fit in my suitcases I brought... :P

Other than that, whatever's left I'll probably leave it to the discretion of the CTL staff of how to best use it after I leave. If you guys have any ideas, let me know!

Well, I would write more now, but I have a headache, so I'm gonna go relax for a bit! Thank y'all again, so much!!

P.S. I was going to post more pictures, but realized that I'm an idiot and I'm not supposed to be posting pictures of the kids online. :( Sorry!  You'll just have to ask me to see them in person when I get home :)

No comments: